What is ITIL® ?
ITIL® stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library. ITIL® is the most widely adopted framework for IT Service Management in the world. It is an approach which guide us in identification, planning, delivery and support of IT related services to the business. The certification will help I.T. professionals to know more about IT Service Management and thus perform the work in an efficient way.
What Does ITIL® Foundation Comprise of?
ITIL® Foundation consists of five books:
- Service Strategy – It guides us how to define the types and levels of services that we want to provide to our customers.
- Service Design – Guidance to shape the way in which our service strategy can become a reality.
- Service Transition – Guidance on the implementation of these services. Moving from the previous state to the new state of services.
- Service Operation – Guides us how to manage and measure our services on day to day basis.
- Continual Service Improvement – Guidance on how to periodically review your portfolio of services to ensure that they are as good as they can be and still of value you to your clients.
What is the benefit of having ITIL® Foundation Certification?
The holder of the ITIL® Foundation Certificate shows he is aware of the best available techniques, processes and functions in the core ITIL® publications. It gives confidence to the employer on the candidates that s/he will perform the services in better way as s/he knows the best available techniques, processes and functions to manage the IT services. And research shows that a certified professionals earn more than his/her peers.
For more Learn blogs below:
Benefits of ITIL® Foundation Certification
Jobs after ITIL® Certification
Is ITIL® Foundation Certification right for me?
As most of the IT companies follow ITIL processes therefore they prefer employees with the ITIL® certification so that s/he can understand the process within their company and thus they can perform their job in best way. These days most of the recruiters in IT companies prefer the candidates with this certification along with the required skill level.
How to get ITIL® certification?
To improve your visibility as competent employee or to attract recruiters you need to have this certification. To earn the ITIL® certification you need to pass the ITIL® foundation exam through a recognized exam center. There are various options available to take the exam. Typically most of the candidates attend two full days ITIL® training at ATO (Accredited Training Organization) and take the paper based exam at the venue at the end of the training.
Is it mandatory to take the training to take ITIL® Exam?
Training is not mandatory for ITIL® foundation certification exam. One can take the ITIL® foundation online exam at any testing center like Prometric or Vue. For the next level in the ITIL® like Intermediate you will need to take the training from ITIL® official training provider and then appear in the exam.
Tell me about ITIL® Foundation training by Trainings24x7.
- It will be two days ITIL® foundation Training.
- The real ITIL® Foundation Exam will be conducted on the second day of the training.
- The Training is designed to make you learn faster.
- We offer the training at convenient training venue.
- We provide multiple mock tests which is quite similar to real exam.
- We offer quality training with Money-back guarantee
What is the money-back guarantee*?
We offer money-back guarantee for our ITIL® Foundation training at additional cost of Rs 3000.
- The candidate has to take the ITIL® Foundation exam on the date suggested by the trainer.
- The candidate has to attend complete two days training
- The candidate has to come prepared for the training and attempt all the exam
- If candidate fails his / her first attempt, we will pay his / her exam fee to schedule exam.
- In any case, fee will not be refunded.
*Terms and Conditions
Tell me more about the Trainer
“The training is imparted by ITIL® certified experts trainers who have both real industry experience as well as experience of providing such trainings.
Our trainers are officially accredited by CSME, USA.
How much is the ITIL® Foundation exam fee?
The present ITIL® Foundation exam fee is US $155.00 approx. It keeps getting revised.
Any prerequisite for ITIL® Foundation exam?
Officially no, however we suggest the candidate with one year IT experience or above should go ahead for this certification.
About the ITIL® Foundation Exam
- Exam Duration: Sixty Minutes (60 Minutes)
- Number of questions: Forty (40)
- Pass mark: 65% (Answer 26 or more of the total 40 questions correctly)
- Open book: No
- Electronic devices: Not permitted
- Paper based or online : Paper based
When will I get my certificate after passing the exam?
It will take three weeks to get you a certificate after passing the exam.
Can I check my ITIL® credential anywhere on ITIL official site?
Yes, you can check it on the ITIL® official site.
Click Here to know your ITIL® credential.
What is Examination Institute and What are their names?
Qualification on ITIL® is offered by Examination Institutes. An Examination Institute (EI) is an organization accredited by the AXELOS Limited and permitted to operate an ITIL® examination scheme through a network of Accredited Training Organizations, and Accredited Trainers with Accredited materials.
The name of the examination institutes are:
- TÜV SÜD Akademie
- DANSK IT
- DF Certifiering AB
- Loyalist Certification Services
- PEOPLECERT Group
Is Trainings24x7 Accredited Training Organization?
Yes, Trainings24x7 is accredited training organization and therefore can offer ITIL® certification training with exam at the venue. You can find the name of the training company on the ITIL ® official website HERE
You can also find our business name on CSME Official Website
Who uses ITIL®?
ITIL® is relevant to public and private sector organizations – large or small. Amongst larger organizations which have adopted ITIL® as a basic management process are:
- Barclays Bank
- British Airways
- Hewlett Packard
- Procter & Gamble
- UK Ministry of Defence
- US Internal Revenue Service