24 May Exam Day Tips for PMP Certification
Project Management Professional exam is believed to be one of the toughest professional certification around the world and PMP exam day should be taken seriously. Most professionals are worried about exam day because they even don’t know what to do and what not to do.
If you have completed at least 4,500 hours to project work, least 35 hours worth of classroom training on project management, studied for hours and answered hundreds of practice questions, completed filling up PMI’s application for the PMP exam, paid exam fees, received your acceptance letter, even scheduled your exam date.
Are you nervous? Well here are some handy tips that will help you calm your nerves. Here we have brought some handy pmp exam day tips. After going through it you will know DO’s and DON’T.
PMP EXAM Day Tips for Candidates:
- Arrive early on test day
- Bring 2 forms of ID and your letter from PMI
- You will be assigned a small locker
- They will give you 6 sheets of paper, 2 pencils and a small calculator
- They will usher you to your seat
- You will walk through instructions for taking the exam
- You have 15 minutes to complete the instructions
- You have 60 seconds to start the online test after completing the instructions
- Once you begin the test, you have 4 hours. The clock does not stop if you take a break
- Before answering any questions perform a brain dump
Have a game plan, example:
75 Questions – Break
75 Questions – Break
50 Questions and Review – Complete
- Each time you take a break; you must sign out and back in with the attendant and must also show ID.
- You cannot wear a hat into the centre.
- You cannot reach into your pocket.
- No talking.
- People will come and go, but don’t let this shake you.
- Read the entire question fully – usually there’s more information than needed.
- Read the answers from the bottom up.
- If you are unsure of an answer, do not guess on the first pass. Simply mark the question for review.
- Do not struggle too long on one question. Mark it for review and come back.
- If you find questions further in the exam that will help you answer the questions that you marked for review, jot that question number down with a brief reference.
- Once you get to the end, you can then review the questions you previously marked. Many of these answers will now come quickly.
- After completing the questions marked for review, you can now click on “complete exam”
- It will prompt you “are you sure”.
- Once you choose yes or ok, the hourglass will appear on the screen as it calculates you results. This takes about 15-20 seconds.
- Once complete the words “you passed” appear on the screen (hopefully!)
- Your test results are then printed with the attendant
- Turn in your pencils, paper and calculator
- The attendant will give you a certified copy of your test results
- You will receive certification via mail
Hope, this detailed tips will help you on the day of your Project management exam day.
We wish you best of luck for your upcoming exam!
So what are the other tips you found???? If anyone mention in comment box below.
How to prepare for PMP Certification