16 Mar Benefits of ITIL Certification
At present, technology has a major role to play in achieving goals in most of the business centric organizations all over the world. The demand for comprehensive technical knowledge, particularly in the IT field has increased drastically, which has consequently increased the demand for IT skilled personnel. It has been seen that the employee with higher technological skills is more productive compared to others. With the IT industry becoming increasingly business centric and service-aligned, many organizations have shifted to using ITIL principles to help grow their business and it only makes IT professionals who want to get ahead must have ITIL Certification in this area.
ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library):
ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is a descriptive set of best practices with the associated certification developed to provide guidance to implement a better Service Management in any organization. It helps break down the complex processes into simple and standardized processes. It also helps in making better business decisions during calculation and management of risks, utilization of resources, and opportunities for investments.
Organizations, of all shapes and sizes have adopted ITIL principles to provide better service experience to their customers. ITIL certification helps IT professionals demonstrate their value in the workplace. An accredited ITIL training provider like Trainings24x7 can help you get this certification easily.
Levels of ITIL Certification:
Investing in ITIL certification gives you and your organization a competitive advantage over other IT organizations without certified IT professionals. The ITIL certification comprises of the following levels:
- ITIL Foundation in Service Management: The ITIL Foundation in Service Management provides candidates with a firm understanding of the IT service management best practices. These practices cover the underlying principle of service management. This certificate is appropriate for those who are working in an IT environment or where IT services are a core competency.
- ITIL Intermediate Level: ITIL certification at intermediate level is split into two streams – lifecycle and capability. Each has number of modules holding a different a focus.
- ITIL Expert Certificate: ITIL Expert is attained by aggregating 22 credits through the two levels of the Scheme, including MALC. The ITIL Expert level is pointed at those people who are intrigued by showing a predominant level of learning of ITIL through their ITIL Certification.
- ITIL Master Qualification: The ITIL Master is the highest level and this certification shows your ability to apply the principles, method and techniques (ITIL) in the workplace.
ITIL Certification Benefits:
ITIL Certification has many benefits for both learners and organizations. Here, we can take a look at a number of the benefits one can receive.
Benefits for Individuals:
- For indentifying, planning, delivering and supporting IT services to the business, it provides you a practical IT framework.
- Ability to become a better competent employee.
- Higher Salary.
- Additional job opportunities.
- Ability to better protect in tough economy.
- Ability to keep driving a business with change to its advantage.
- Ability to better connect with peers and utilize the community knowledge.
- Ability to help organization to focus on the actual requirements of the customers and better user experience rather than spending too much time on technological issues.
- Ability to increase business productivity and efficiency with more reliable IT services.
- Enables to frame your experience in terms of the business perspective and allows developing much more fruitful, actionable discussions with peers.
Benefits for Organizations:
- Adjust IT services to business necessities to accomplish vital targets.
- Enhance values from the service portfolio while reducing expenses and risks.
- Empower great business conversion and development with an expanded preference by characterizing and dealing with the client and service portfolio.
- Enhance skills, competencies and benefits of IT staff and better use the abilities and knowledge of staff.
- Improve the customer satisfaction with IT as well as brand image.
- Improve the marketability.
By keeping the above benefits in mind, you can think about ITIL Certification. The above listed benefits are not limited as there are other plenty of benefits too.
ITIL certification enhances the competitive edge of IT directors, managers, business analysts, consultants and professionals from other fields. Having this certification is a sign of high level commitment to personal success. It drives you to stay ahead of the competition and protects yourself in a recession in the IT field. Managers with ITIL knowledge and certification have capability to empower individual organizations by precisely measuring IT service performance and streamlining data management. ITIL certified professional helps organizations improve overall efficiency, communication, and response time with their customers.